Education in the present context is the metamorphic phenomenon. Education enables students to acquire a greater control over their destiny. Thus, the college through the years has been successfully moulding students to the present time by providing a cost-effective, high quality and values based exposure to the kind of competition and knowledge they would face in their careers and lives.
Our purpose is to stimulate and emphasise the importance of education in order to bring out completeness in each and every student. The college has been producing good results and has an excellent track record. The college management and staff are committed towards the overall excellence of students in academics, sports and cultural activities. The college has well established infrastructure in the form of building, laboratories, equipments, library, auditorium, hostels etc.
Expression, preparation, systematic hard work are the torch words for a fulfilled and successful life. The faculty at R.P.A. have always tried inspire students to achieve excellence in different fields. Not only academic excellence but also overall personality development of each and every students is stressed upon. The students are allowed to demonstrate their understanding and skills on various platforms. Continuous encouragement and support from the parents as well as many philanthropists is a key factor in the progrss of our institution.
- English (Compulsory).
- Second Language (Kannad / Hindi / Sanskrit)
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology (PCMB).
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science (PCMc).
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Electronics (PCME).
- Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics, Statistics.
- Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics, Computer Science.
- Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics, History.
- Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics, Geography.
- History, Economics, Polotical Science, Sociology (HEPS).
Duration of the Course: 2 Years.
Eligibility: X Standard / S.S.L.C. / C.B.S.E. / any other equivalent exam.
Documents to be enclosed along with application form for admission:
- S.S.L.C. / C.B.S.E. / I.C.S.E. marks card
- Transfer Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Eligibility Certificate
- Migration Certificate (Outside Karnatake state students)
- Passport size Photographs - 4 copies
The College has a well-equipped library with more than 23,600 books. It has a reference book section and a section for periodicals and magazines. Digital library facility also extended to the students, keeping in view of the technological advancement.
- Strict silence should be observed in the Library.
- Books can be borrowed on the days specified for each class.
- Library cards will be issued and the student has to produce his/her card along with the identity card at the time of borrowing books.
- Failure to return the book on the due date incurs a fine of 50 paise per day.
- A student shall not damage or lose any book. In case of such eventuality they have to replace the book or make good its cost.
- Books should not be sub-let.
- 'Jnana Dasoha' Book bank facility is available for majority of poor and meritorious students.
R.P.A. College is providing an opportunity to the students to participate in different kinds of activities, so as to enable them to think, to study, to experiment and to seek explanation in different fields. The basic objective is to kindle curiosity and to illuminate the learner's mind. keeping this in view, we have introduced various academically active groups such as "Commerce Club", "Science Club" and "Bharathiya Samskruthika Sangha" a literary and cultural organization.
Commerce Club: Eminent professors are invited to interact with students and an important event of this club is to organise commerce and management fest with the aim of creating rapport amongst commerce and management students in order to develop, organizing and managing skills. Students here are free to express and interact. It provides the students an exposure to the kind of competition they would face in their careers.
Science Club: Eminent professors from IISC, Bangalore University and other scientific organisation are invited every year to deliver lectures on important topics related to the syllabus. Students also participate in various science exhibitions and seminars.
For the benifit of students who are interested in the cultural activities, an Association has been formed under the leadership of an experienced teacher. It will provide ample opportunities to students for cultural and variety entertainment programmes in the Institution.
Bharathiya Samskruthika Sangha is one such club which tries to uphold Indian culture, traditions and moral values among values the students.
Seminar on Personality Development
Regular seminars are conducted for both the teaching staff and students. Eminent speakers are invited to deliver talks and conduct workshop with special reference to values in life.
The college publishes college magazine annually and distributes to the students at the time of admission. The aim is to inspire the students and motivate them in the field of their interest. A Souvenir has been published in the year 2002 to commemorate the decennial celebrations of the College.
Campus interviews are frequently held by many reputed companies and many of our final year students are selected for different posts in various companies.
Educational tours and visits
The college arranges regular visits to several Industries as per the requirements of the curriculum, besides organizing educational tours and excursion. Participate in these visits and tours is compulsory for all the students.
Sports & Games
Experienced physical education instructor has been appointed to imapart training in several games, field events and athletics. Indoor games facilities are also provided in the college.
The college has a well equipped Computer Lab with adequate number of PC's and printers with internet facility.
The college has well equipped Science Laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Biology with all the necessary facilities for conducting practicals in all branches. As well as business laboratory in been provided to commerce students.
Our NCC Unit is ventured with 5/2 coy, 1 KAR BN, Army Wing (Infantry). In order to build up courage and discipline among the students the college has introduced the NCC Unit. Frequently our students have participated in Republic Day Parade at New Delhi.
The college has an NSS Unit to inculcate service motto in students. The aim behind it is to develop society through developing the personality of students. It also helps our students to realize their potential and to live it out to the fullest.
Under the NSS unit various programmes have been held. Every year NSS Camp is held for one week, initiates health awareness programme, voluntary blood donation camp etc. The activities of the NSS unit are continuously appreciated by the public.
SC /ST Scholarships:
Several Scholarship and fee Concessions are available for the students under various rules. They are awarded either by the Government of India or by the State Government. Information regarding them will be put up on the college notice board as and when received from the authorities concerned.
Incentives to Students:
Incentives are given to students who secure ranks in the Public examination. These awards are given by the College Management.
With a view to promote quality education, R.P.A. First Grade College offers financial assistance to the students belonging to the following categories:
- Diligent but economically backward students.
- Students who excel in extra-curricular activities.
- Smt. Hosmane Rudramma Siddappa Gowda Scholarship instituted by Dr. D.S. Shivanand for securing maximum marks in B.Sc. Examination.
- Late Kum. Shailaja I B.Sc. student of R.P.A., scholarship instituted by Dr. Maralu Bhavi, for securing maximum marks in 1st Year B.Sc.
- Dr. Saraswathi Mayurnath Endowment Scholarship for Best out going student in III Year B.Sc.
- Sri D. Venkatesh Scholarship for poor student who scores highest marks.
- Sri Sivaramakrishna Scholarship for SC/ST student who complete Degree Course in forst attempt.
- Smt. Mala P. Scholarship for securing highest marks in B.Com.
- Late Suresh Babu Scholarship for securing highest marks in B.C.A.
- Smt. Jatalakshamma Rangaswami Iyengar Trust Scholarship for securing highest in Sanskrit.
- Prof. J.R. Raju - Merit Scholarship for a girl student of degree college.
- Sri Prahladachar and Latha Sodhi - Highest marks in Sanskrit.
- Smt. Vani Kulkarni - Highest marks in Sanskrit.
- Prof. N.K.N. Murthy - Highest marks in mathematics
- Sri J.M. Nageshwar S/o. J.M. Shankar, J.M. Plaza - Scholarship for BCA / BBM students.
Principal, M.Sc., M.Phill.
Toppers in 2nd PUC Examination 2010-2011
1 PUC 'A'
8th Senior National Soft
Tennis Champioship 2010-2011
(Men & Women) Hyderabad,
1 PUC 'A'
8th Senior National Soft
Tennis Champioship 2010-2011
(Men & Women) Hyderabad,